Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Christmas Party

A neighbor of mine has taken me up on my offer of free portraits and or pics of their pets. I am looking forward to this and it will be a challenge and a lot of fun. Her company Christmas party will be happening Friday evening and I will be there with Point and shoot in hand (or on tripod) to record the event and action. I will be taking shots of folks as they enter and action shots throughout the evening.

I don't have a DSLR (anymore), so the lighting will be interesting and have posted wuetions on a couple of forums that I belong to. So far I have received some good advice and as usual there are a couple of responses that just put me don because I don't have 20 grand worth of stuff. That is pretty normal, but regardless, they event will be taking place and I will be there so the folks can have a record of it.

Photography is one of those things that is kind of a paradox. There are rules for different types of images taken, but there are just as many ways to break those rules and create beautiful images. The funny thing is that I believe you must know and follow the rules before you can break or bend them TO create that beautiful image. There is the paradox. I also don't think that one can just go out and buy a 5 thousand dollar camera and real high end glass and start creating. The best advice I have received so far was as a result of an adult education class I took on the basics of digital photography. It was "Learn to See" as a photographer.

It has been real cold here and I want to get downtown and take shots of buildings with the steam rising in the streets in the morning. Also I have an idea for taking pictures of as many corners in the shot as possible.

Anyway that is all for now and will post when I get done with the Christmas party.

Ta ta...

No comments: