Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter Is Here


Back Yard Blanket 2
Originally uploaded by paldusty
Yes, It has officially happened. Right on queue. On the first day of winter, winter arrived and a storm came through last night and dumped mass quantities of rain and wind. The morning after is COLD, COLD, COLD and a breeze that says "Hi, I'm here and I'm staying for a while". We will take it. All the water we can get.

We have one tree left that has many leaves still on it and a bunch came down last night. What was left is this blanket on the back patio and in the ponds and all over. It looks really neat, but now they have to be cleaned up. Oh well maybe I'll just leave them there and call it art.

I went out yesterday to take some pictures in old town Clovis. I was hard pressed to get inspired by anything and then I noticed all of the doors on the antique shops and bars. Old Town has many older buildings and it is a huge difference between what is built now and then. Your door said something in the past and now it seems they just are there to cover a gap in the wall. I took several shots and I'll add some more to the set. When I do I'll write about them and you can see the character of the old doors I find.

Untl then, check out the rest of the pics on the leaves.

No comments: