Friday, December 18, 2009

Log Cabbin


Log Cabbin
Originally uploaded by paldusty
Sometimes these old birdhouses make you realize how much time has passed. This one used to have a picket fence around it and over time the plaster has chipped, but it keeps on keepin on. I felt that a B&W image of this said a lot more about this house than a color one. Now that I have been trying to take my first Photog teacher's advice and "See" differently, I actually am seeing everything a little different. The birds still come to it to feed. I wonder how many generations of bird families have come here to it. They count on it I bet just as hummingbirds count on the feeders set out for them. Once you start feeding them, you can't stop.

Animals of all kinds will become dependent on us for many different kinds of things. After a while you can tell that a bird especially will become more and more comfortable with a feeder or a house. This photo belongs to a flickr group called "old birdhouses". go ahead and check it out. That is one of those real neat things about Flickr. If you have a subject that you would like to check out pictures of there is a real good chance you will find it on Flickr.

The more I find out about photography the more types of projects I can think of. An essay on birdhouses for example would be a lot of fun an I bet there are thousands of distinct houses right here in the Sanger, Clovis area. If you happen to live in the Fresno, Clovis, Sanger area and know of some birdhouses hanging somewhere, drop me a line, tell me where it is and I will go get a shot of it if I can.

If you see something out there you like write a comment. Photogs appreciate someone noticing their images and it helps keep people inspired. Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism either.

No comments: