Sunday, February 24, 2008

Occasional Therapy

Many times I have wondered why my neck aches only to realize that I could have been siting in a comfortable position for hours instead of this. After seven or so years of trying to get this right, life has come to a pattern. I can feel it happening. This is a good thing.

Don't let anybody tell you that retiring is easy. At least not at first. Especially if you have not planned on it. With so many years of having to be somewhere at some time to do some thing. The relaxing feeling of not is NOT all it is cracked up to be. They say practice makes perfect. Well, lets hope so. It has been two full years since I had a job and throughout all the job years I could not wait to not have one. A saying comes to mind. All together now, "you had better be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it".

We all have interests at least I do. Actually too many to count. I have narrowed them down to those that allow me to use this chair as home base, and a fine chair it is (accept for the sore neck of coarse). I have found that I can receive radio signals from all over the planet, plan this weeks menu as many times as I'd like to, communicate with those who can handle it, and when that sound creeps through the garage door I can run - well my version of that anyway - towards it with camera in hand and maybe, just maybe catch that damn "belted kingfisher" perched and looking the other way. But not today, again.



I would like to have blogged before I quit working so I could compare my mental state. That would be interesting. There I go again, another interest. I bet I would have complained a whole lot more than I do now, but complaining is a sign of productivity. I know that, because most if not all of the people I know that work also complain. Then again people that work have a right to complain. It might be one of those inalienable rights that we here so much about these days.

We have had a hard time adjusting to all that is different now. My wife is a saint. She works and does so much more. When I worked it seemed that is all I did. You know, too tired, too mad at work, too much complaining and now I have the time to learn, to read, to blog, take photos, communicate with dogs (of all people), to cook, ah cooking. There is something that I have liked to do as a novelty and now as a requirement. It's good to have a job. I love to cook, but I wish I loved to cook the same thing more than once. We can't live on apple pies and banana bread. My sis has inspired my cooking and baking. I can't believe it, but we talk all of the time about recipes and such.

There is a point to this post and here it is. Even though we know that we go through stages in life, there are very few of us that know what stages we will go through and most importantly how we will handle them as they come.

No comments: