Monday, February 8, 2010

Keeping Inspired


Cloudy Palms
Originally uploaded by paldusty
On my way to church I pass many great views of the foothills and you can bet that if it's clear today there will be amazing clear shots of the high Sierras, which never gets old. This shot was taken at the stop sign at Temperance and Shepherd. How many times have I passed right by great pictures without giving it a second thought.

All of the professionals that I have been reading say the same thing. be ready to inspired by a view out of the car window or simply walking out of your house's front door. Inspiration is always waiting.

Many of the people that I come into contact with on a regular basis are starting to get used to me carrying a camera and so they are more relaxed when I raise it and, click, in their direction. Along with that, I am getting used to carrying my camera everywhere and feel much more comfortable raising it and, click, in any given direction.

I will be going downtown this week to get some "Street" and see what it brings. As I suggest in every post, check out the photographers I list on this page for some real talent and beautiful images. I found Chris Week's stuff a while back and he always inspires me to go out and shoot, shoot, shoot. His works invokes many emotions in me, He has a project called "The human condition", which is just amazing. Check it out some time.

I finished my Clovis Sewage treatment and water-reuse plant project, You can find it here: http://www.communitycorrespondent.com/kmph/story.php?id=47665 ,
but haven't got it published yet and frankly may not, but I will keep trying this week. I did post it on a couple of local TV web sites and we will see if I get any comments. Even better, get some real critique.

I have to find a mentor. Someone that is a pro who will take a look at my stuff and give me some objective feedback, so I can get better. There are a whole lot of new "Photographers" out there for obvious reasons, but there is always room for one more good one that has passion for it and wants to bring the moments of life to the world.

If you go to Flickr and check out the image I placed in this blog, look around at some of the other new stuff I put there. You will see that Santa is alive and well, Carmella in her real mink, our pastor at Northpark who you can count on for a smile, Leif who is a board member and all around great guy, plus much more.

Until next time, stay inspired at what ever your passion is.

No comments: