Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Completed the Christmas Party Shoot

Well, after a few hours of organizing, weeding out, post processing, touching up, and all of the rest I have finally completed my job from last Friday night. This is such good practice for a whole lot of reasons.

I did not charge anything for this job and I am fine with that as I have said, but what I did was to look up on the net for examples of photographer price lists for different kinds of events. I compared what I spent in terms of time shooting, and computer work on the pics to the price lists to see what this would have cost. If I look at it honestly and think of what I would have charged, I would have lost my shirt, but also, having never done this type of event before I had to take that in to account. One of the things I have learned about this kind of business is that there are a whole lot of variables that go into charging for this work.

I had a lot of fun doing it and one of the things that I had to consider was that fact that I used a point and shoot for it and so if I would have stayed with stock looking candid photos, my shots would not compare that great with the same thing done with a good DSLR, so that is why I decided to go the creative way with the candids. I don't believe the P&S vs. DSLR stands out as much using that approach.

At any rate, take a look at the pics and leave a comment or two so I get some feedback. That will help me a lot as well.

By the way check out the link to other photography on the right side of the blog. I really like these folks stuff.

Until we meet again...

No comments: